Twitter
RSS

Nomadic Journey

Well, it has been decided. We are obviously called to a nomadic ministry. I am 52 years old and have moved 49 - soon to be 50 times - and we have lived in 3 of those places for 7 years! Last week, I told my girls, "I am selling all that I have and I am buying a turban and a camel."


"What are you going to name your camel?" they asked.


"Humphrey!" I responded.


A few weeks ago, my Pastor suggested there are some people God calls to short-term ministries. They begin strong, run well, and end abruptly. He has observed this pattern in our lives for many years.


He said, "Everywhere you go, you do the same thing - minister to others."


It seems that God has to intervene to move us because we love the people wherever we are and would not leave of our own accord.


Today, I walked away from 51+ girls that I have come to love. Unfortunately, I did not get the opportunity to adequately say Goodbye. As we returned final items, some of my girls walked by. I was just asking God to let me see who He wanted me tosee before we left. Two girls came running to my car just then and we embraced. How I will miss them!


One of the most difficult aspects of a short term adventure, is that you rarely get to hear the end of the story. Where will these girls go? Who will they become? What choices will they make? What victories will they win?


All I can say is, "Girls, I love you all - all 51 of you. I will deeply miss you. You are in my heart and I promise to pray for you. Be strong. Be wise. Be thankful. Be honest. Be always loving. Open your heart to reflect on God."


For the next blogs, I will seek to provide for you a "Zephyr at Twilight". Each evening, visit my blog and I will have a gentle word to encourage you and help you to relax. A zephyr is a gentle breeze. I know some of you are going through some fearsome gales in your lives and you need a gentle breeze to settle you when you feel overwhelmed. My goal is to prepare for you a Zephyr at Twilight. Goodnight.



Humphrey

Comments (1)

Nice giraffe. :)

But speaking of camels, I've never ridden a camel, but I can't think it could possible be a smooth ride. That describes your life then doesn't it?

In the words of a shrunken head: "It's goin' to be a bumpy ride."

Post a Comment