Twitter
RSS

Tornados of Confusion

Tornados of Confusion
Tornados of confusion try our very essence and question our very existence. When life doesn't make sense, confusion reigns. When too much is happening too fast and there is no oportunity to regroup, confusion rules. David expressed his feelings this way, "Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then I would fly away, and be at rest...I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest." Psalm 55:6,8.
~~
Most people, except crazy scientists, run away from a tornado. Sometimes we need to step back and find reason in the midst of the confusion. What type of question brings clarity out of confusion? It would be the question, "Why?" This question provides the basis of wisdom, which is seeing life's situations from God's point of view.
~~
I don't know if you were taught this, but I was taught that you may ask God any question - What? Where? When? How? May? Can? but never Why? Well, perhaps I am a rebel, but the first thing I wanted to know was, Why can't I ask God Why? Then I came to understand that there are two ways to ask God why. One is with fist raised in anger against God. The other is with hands open in earnest supplication. One challenges God. The other seeks God's sovereign answer to His will. One is filled with bitterness. The other has already decided to yield to whatever God's will desires. One is hopeless. The other filled with hope.
~~
So while we are running from the tornados of confusion, where do we run? The same chapter verse 22, "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." So, I guess this means:
Throw down -- "Cast thy burden upon the LORD."
Hold On -- "He shall sustain thee"
Hold Out -- "He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
Run To -- "But I will trust in Thee." vs. 23.
We run to God for safety and deliverance.
~~
Thank you Jennie ... Goodnight


Comments (0)

Post a Comment